user_mobilelogo

NPI uses the EIA-481 version D industry specification as the guide to sealing cover tape.

We use Heat Activated Adhesive "HAA" or "Heat Seal" Cover tape in 99% of all applications and 3M Universal Cover Tape "UCT" in the other 1%.

We control peel force on HAA to the range specified by EIA-481 : 10g to 130g with a target of 70-80g.

UCT used on certain microscopic parts controls itself at 14-20g nominal.

Heavier components are sealed on the high-end of the range so that accidental twisting of the tape does not breach the seal and create a problem.